Sustainability is part of the tradition and soul of Ramundberget. We strive for social, economic and environmental sustainability for guests, employees, society and the nature we work in.
The idea is to balance environmental aspects and our interests in running a financially healthy business.
Vision for sustainability
Ramundberget's mission is, with pride from history, to manage and develop the destination in line with contemporary demand. We do this by continuously working in a sustainable way with the conditions of nature in the first room.
Activities in harmony with nature
- Ramundberget plant is run on ecolabelled origin guaranteed hydropower from the river Ljusnan.
- Natural snow dominates the slopes and ski trails and we carefully minimize and consider the environmental aspect in the production of snow linked to society's demands for early ski premiere and the opportunity for training for elite groups.
- Internal transport with fossil fuel-free vehicles is important for us in new purchases of vehicles as well as working to influence vehicle suppliers.
- We have a fossil fuel-free local heating plant, from 2008, thas is operated with residual products from the forest in the form of pellets. It provides heat and hot water for all of Ramundberget's own properties.
- Tusen, the restaurant on the mountain, was built in 2009. The building foundations rests on blocks to protect the mountain.
- At new production and purchasing, the starting point is always that it should be sustainable from a life cycle perspective.
Being close to nature commits and challenges
The geographical location of Ramundberg, where the road ends, the mountains and the wilderness begins, gives many opportunities for natural approaches, but this also brings with it some challenges, especially in logistics, deliveries and transportation.
- The ambition is that the food that is served at the restaurants should be growed in the near area and as locally produced as possible.
- The children and the family concept Mickelina's värld is based on discoveries in nature with a focus on the environment and recycling, among other things through crafts and mountain activities. Mickelinas café is also KRAV certified.
- Topsport is with its sports shops in Funäsfjällen, as well as organizer of activities, a strong driving force for health and adventure on the conditions of nature. Topsport café in Ramundberget is a product of this with completely vegetarian and vegan menue.
- Osthang snowboard shop and café have a pronounced environmental profile in their range and use only environmentally friendly ski wax.
We are passionate about sustainability and strive for a long-term circular approach. We are not happy yet, but we work every day to get better.